This week the Cap Stable talks all about Trucking, Holiday goodies, and the nitty gritty details of the Council of Stellar Management.
- Trucking, trucking and trucking… then some Exploration to refill my coffin (yes, coffins!, my ISK needs to be comfortable) while teaching Google Docs programming
- Drinking and enjoying holidays with my family
- Supporting the grand scheme of great overlord hoots helping to build his empire by shipping stuff around, mining, and ganking his industry opposition.
- exploring some new space taking wormholes in chain to yoloing it to wherever it takes me.
- reading the alliance leadership minds by completing the the skills they want for the new doctrine before its even announced
- Wolf wants his 900b back !
- being bad
- working stu to death
- whipping the miners to keep the industry containers full
- generally being a proper Overlord by showing authority where needed and rewarding the great staff i have assembled
- Being Santa Klaus (Barbie?)
- Catalysts! If only I had known what an expensive habit this would be.
- Naga? How about nada! Bought a new naga on contract to go ratting in. PL got luck and warped to a gate the same time as me. Doh.
- Mining with the Newbies! EVE is such a big game, so fun to watch them learning.
- Been a few months now since the industry changes in Crius. I have to say I like the compression changes. I miss making money off Gaze probe compression, but for everyone else this was a good change.
- Trucking…but I don’t want to talk about it… because I probably should be trucking right now.
- Lots of moving between the Evac from PL and the movement of our staging system
- Diablo 3 RoS
- WoW Warlords – Orc Barbie Dream House
CSM X Announcement
The Cap Stable podcast crew will once again be performing interviews with for the Council of Stellar Management election. Anyone with a thread in the CSM Campaign forum is eligible.
NOTE: No tickets will be provided, you must pay your own way to iceland and into fanfest
Sat 31st January 2015
5pm – 1.30am
7th FEBRUARY 2015
EVE Tool or Tip of the Week
It is a wiki, feel free to add your own if you and your friends use our own terminology
20 days of Multi-character training
What does all of it mean? Check out Crossing Zebra’s story
Player Age distribution (CCP Quant)
0.5% 1% 5% 10% 25% 50% 75% 90% 95% 99% 99.95%
17 18 21 23 26 31 36 43 48 59 75
Coming in Proteus
- Combat Recon rebalance (including immunity to Directional Scan… not probes)
- D-scan immunity discussion
- F.W. Concerns
- 10 Modules tiericide
- Survey on structures
- Corp Little Things
Null Sec news
GSF Christmas Diplo Update
On the Brave Brave Front
- so the Eagle fleet gets pipebombed by PL, R&K-style
- the new Merlin Tackle doctrine gets PL to evac, as the Slippery Pete Tengus cannot stay more than 12 sec on site
- And we confirm the efficiency of Merlin tactic against Petes
- and an effective use of bombers (twice) to bring 14 Tengu kills
- And with the holidays on us, HERO pushes and retakes PL systems, mostly unopposed, except when PL announces that they are going to kill a Titan Egg in RNF-YH and lose 28b in the process
CSM Elections !
What is the CSM?
- CSM = Council of Stellar Management (10th Edition)
- Player Elected = your votes count !
- 14 members elected for a year to work with CCP to better the game
- get previews and can discuss new features before release, to prevent CCP to make decisions opposed by the player base
- talk directly to dev teams, every day, on direct channels
- get two summit (summer & winter) where they meet CCP IRL, then provide Summit Minutes about what was discussed (minus the NDA sessions)
- STV = Single Transferable Vote
- Each voter can vote to up to 14 people, in order of preference
- You do not have to select 14 people, but the less people you select, the greater the chance your vote will not be used 100%
- An algorithm elects people in order (or eliminates them in order), loop after loop, until the 14 seats are filled
- it pushes people with a wide support, compared to ballot stuffing from major entities
- major entities still get several candidates in, if they manage to get some wider support
- your vote trickles down on the candidates you select, making your ONE vote working for several candidates
- candidates can cross-vote each other, by recommending other candidates on their ballot
- only one election is conducted
- you do not vote AGAINST candidates, you only vote FOR candidates (a huge difference in politics)
- you can vote for side candidates without throwing away your vote
- CSM is just a marketing stunt
- CSM only does CCP / NullSec / UncleAlbert bidding
- CSM use insider information to get rich and bias the game for their overlords
- Your vote is useless, so don’t vote (because if you vote, our candidates could get not elected)
We are indeed looking into changing the age requirements for the CSM. More information about this and other changes will be included in the candidacy opening blog, which will be published on January 30th as I mentioned here. Roll
At this point I can assure you that Bobmon will not have any age related issues with his CSMX campaign.
- Don’t listen to the naysayers, only those that vote have a voice!
P.S. – Don’t forget to listen to our interviews!
Kill of the Week
The first confessor dead ! And in Jita of course ! And always the same guy (?)
STOOPID of the Year ! 84 PLEX in cargo… no drop !
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bensel and Gabriel C.
- Mining Newbies! Happy Holidays! =)
- Merry XMas and Happy New Year !
- Shoutout to my wife for not killing me on that late recording!
- All the new followers on twitter its been soo long since ive been on here are too many to list
- CCP for making my favorite ships more relevant in the next patch
- the alliance for picking a doctrine that i dont have to train in to
- Don’t drink and drive
- High Drag Podcast
- Newbies in Slack!
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter @capstable, @_StupidGenius, @Lanctharus, @aiehoots, @kudatimberline @TurboAddiction @BhockCollective
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/thecapstable
- Website: capstable.net
We welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback is appreciated.