On this episode we talk about living in a Post-Phoebe Eve, New fights emerge in Catch from old enemies, and THE CSM minutes are here, the CSM minutes are here!
- U-QVWD & B-3QPD defense fleets Vs PL… good fights and a lot of fun on all parties… until the supers showed up, ruining everyone’s day (I’ll talk about it later)
- A lot of exploration to try the new Phoebe changes on Relic Sites (nerfed hard… no more cans about 30M) and Data Sites (buffed, but not enough… too much crap with no value… are High-Tech stuff the future of R&D ?)
- Preparing our three super secret missions (Spoiler Alert: we’re creating two diplomatic incidents before the end of the show, so stay tuned !)
- Working on new spreadsheets, but it slowed down a lot, now that our syphon detector is up and running (yes, Goon Directors, we all know you were lying in Vegas), and it detects all bad truckers forgetting to service the towers (or onlining modules… damn crap interface!)
- Building a lot of bombers, dictors and exploration frigs… two out of three to make Catch more fun !
- And the usual trucking, trucking and more trucking… using Jump Bridges, which is not bad at all in fact
- Baking, wearing my beret taking pictures with the Eiffel Tower (sorry I don’t have a striped polo), eating bread and cheese with a glass of wine… to fulfill all the stereotypes within a single podcast !
- Hi! I’m here!
- I still play EVE, I even read about EVE, but here is the deal. There is so much content all the time w/ this new release cycle. I love it! But… I’m feel kinda buried all the time.
- I’ve sorta turned into a pirate. It is fun, but kinda expensive and there isn’t much money to be made until you have been doing it for a while and you have moved onto bigger ships… speaking of… wasn’t there a big freighter kill or two this week? …more on that later.
- Cyno 5 on my main and JDC 5 on my alt!? Why do you hate me so CCP gods!?
- Just moving some of my crap around and being social with the new corp recruits
- Attempting to read all the CSM9 minutes and failing horribly at it
- My skill queue is now 562 days long! All hail the skill queue!
- I now have a doctrine Space Tater and I HATE IT!
- And recovering from yet another video game convention. This time in Anaheim
- Keeping up with all the PL shenanigans on back channel comms
- Read a bit of CSM summer summit
- It was the night before Pheobe and Stu was stirring…until 5am EDT!
- Moved approximately 3 jump freighter loads from HS to Null
- Moved a Carrier and a half worth of bombers and a BLops (taking full advantage of JDC V Carrier one last time.)
- And because I haven’t moved enough stuff, AIEU is moving non-critical assets out of QETZ, check your Corp mail. => we wanted to give the info after PL battle report
- I haven’t jumped moongoo in 7 days! It’s amazing!
- BUBBLE ALL THE THINGS! I Flew my dictor
Saturday Nov 15th. 19:00 @ Accent Lounge 8223 104 St NW
Eve Down Under
Sydney Masonic Centre, 66 Goulburn St, Sydney
21 – 23 November 2014
Where: JJ Foley’s Cafe & Bar (SOUTH BOSTON LOCATION)
When: Saturday, November 22 @ 2PM to whenever
EVE Tip or Tool of the Week
o7 Show – Episode 2: Thera
- EVE Vegas retrospective
- Removing clone grades and SP losses
- Thera the Dark Mirror
If Brave gets kicked out of Catch, we should totally whelp Thera (no capitals !)
<tin foil hat ON> it is perhaps one of the 6 hidden system IDs
New Exploration Sites (to HS for now)
New Sleeper exploration sites, with random events, triggers !
- They will need both Relic and Data analyzer… and they can even kill and pod you !
- Naughty Sleepers, trying to keep all the lootz (and their glass cannon Polarized guns)
A NEW LOOK FOR EVE’S UI – Feedback Needed – CCP Optimal
Nice changes in UI cosmetics, with focus and transparency functions
Nothing new, just visual and more modern
CCP Rise teases us with info on the new ship moving ship
- you are probably going to need to train a new skill ORE Freighter
- Intended for a specific niche: high-sec transport of fitted/insured ships
Phoebe Freeport Republic takes its first station system
They say is couldn’t be done but it has. Congrats gentlemen.
Rock, Paper, Scissor [& PL Rocket Launcher] (Dunk Dinkle) aka The Super Cap “I win” button
Uncle Dunk talks about the lack of a counter to cap and super cap fleets and how the new jump limitations have exacerbated the problem. Phoebe was a buff to Supercaps !
How a bad start and a bad timing ended up badly… Welcome to the Club, NA/NC ! (You’re #6 or #7… I lost count)
Brave Fireside – Lychton
Lychton Kondur addresses the troops, talks about Provi and the current fighting with PL and answers your question on the next heartwarming episode of rolling with HERO
Battle Reports : The Brave Brave Front
- BNI beats PL subcap, pins down the PL Capitals and PL saves them with supercaps (understandable, they don’t want to lose their shinies to the weakest kid of the play ground)
- BNI evacs the subcap fleet (with a draw on ISK loss)
- PL shoots the I-Hub and gets the system (claiming a victory… except Brave won the fight, whatever they claim)
- BNI beats PL subcap fleet (14b vs 4b), using cheap EWAR frigs
- BNI sacrifices wave after wave of suicide dictors to prevent a super cap fleet (14? Titans !) trying to come and claim victory again
- BNI shoots the SBU and saves the system, then evacs with PL screaming hatred
=> heroic Mauluses and dictors win the fight !
- Brave is losing the ISK war but winning the narrative against the Big Bully
- 29b Vs 40b is a loss for Brave, as Catch revenue is nothing compared to PL (1/10th ? 1/15th ?)
- This week was the first serious SRP of Battleship for Brave… while PL has SRP even on supercaps !
- Brave is going to slowly deplete their coffer.. and for what ? Not to be able to defend against the russians when they steamroll us ? (looks like PL was paid to do their current harassment, or they would never bring supers)
- Now, Brave has to fight smart on the money and bury PL in bubbles until they leave or quit the game again => it brings us to our two initiatives of the week:
- All non military assets have been evacuated (which includes QETZ market… Bhock is sorry for his customers)
- We’re placing hundreds of bookmarks (thanks for the shortcut !) in a few systems, to drop tens of bubbles (dictors and mobile) on all paths, celestials, gates… enjoy the slowmo without TiDi !
“Lanc cries himself to sleep”
We can go on and on and on and be here until next week so let’s hit the topics we think are the most important.
- CCP is looking on reworking their PvE content creation tools
- Enabling access to ingame channels from a browser
- Access for smartphones
- 20% of players hold 89% of all in game wealth
- CCP is not worried about the increasing price of PLEX in game. 1 Billion by Xmas
- CCP agrees to provide access to Jessica (CCP engine for cinematics) to video makers
- EVE life is too centered on 3rd party sites which increase complexity for newer players
- EVE female population is 4% of player base compared to the 10% in other MMOs
- Stealth bomber imbalance in FW missioning
- CCP wants active (bottom up) revenue in nullsec instead of moon revenue to define Null Sec
- Occupancy based SOV
- Ship skinning
- More ship redesigns
- Alliance logo and commercialization
- Security [OPSEC}
- CSM White Paper revision
- Maximum CSM absence period set and replaced by next STV
- Even more POS discussions
- Veteran player retention
- Defender missile removed or reworked as anti-bomb missiles
- Mining needs to be more well, SHINY
- Mission rework and proposed trackers
Kill of the Week
The kill of the week is an interesting killmail we have found through our countless hours of reading through the killmails this past week. It could be the most expensive fit loss, the most hilarious fit loss, or a completely random because reasons!
The 39 billion Charon freighter loss.
Or how NOT to ship your stuff in New Eden
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to email@example.com
- Stu: Shout out to Trubo for lighting a cyno super late the night before Pheobe
Second shout out to CSM Mike Azariah
- Bhock: Dunk Dinkle for the Brave Can Opener he send me and kudos for joining Crossing Zebros staff… try to bring some newbro perspective to our frenemies ! (and take all their ISKies !)
- Kuda: Erick
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter @capstable, @_StupidGenius, @Lanctharus,
@aiehoots, @kudatimberline @TurboAddiction @BhockCollective
- Website: capstable.net
We welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback is appreciated.