On this episode we discuss Phoebe in depth, the CSM9 minutes are out, and more…coming up!
- Teaching Exploration with Twitch, for 1on1 courses only… and only hitting the good sites after the class (of course)
- More spreadsheets of Death ! And even more requests for new spreadsheets, to keep me busy, forever… for evah 🙁
- Preparing the path for the Grand Vision of our Immortal Ruler, Darius IV, a.k.a. Hootin Von Pouten, and his personal conquest of the UniEvErse !
- And more trucking and PoSsing and trading and industry whatever… so more of the usual (as a side note, our home system was #2 market in Catch, yesterday ! Keep the great work, everyone !)
- Reading and commenting the CSM9 minutes… 146 pages, that IS long (and damn you Xander Phoena, I had my alarm clock ready to flood Tweetfleet for the late CSM9 Notes)
- Looking into making a guide for the corp to help teach members new and old what ive learned during exploration.
- Auroria, Blizzcon, and Warlords Of Draenor oh my. Its going to be a busy november between all this and the upcoming war in catch and phoebe release.
- Trucking Trucking Trucking…oh and did i mention Trucking? Yeah so Phoebe isn’t even here and she is already causing me extra work!
- Is there is anything besides Trucking?
Training-wise my main is rounding out Gallente Frigate 5, which will complete all racial Frigate training
Eve Down Under
Sydney Masonic Centre, 66 Goulburn St, Sydney
21 – 23 November 2014
EVE Tip or Tool of the Week (Phoebe Edition)
EVE Fatigue Calculator, Courtesy of kiu Nakamura
- And CSM Mike Azariah had a blog post about the minutes as well:
Hero and Provi agree to a non-aggression treaty
AIEU recruitment campaign is finally full swing, bringing back old members and brand new members, from all horizons. So come join us and multiply tenfold your Fun Per Hour !
The winner of last months aar competition was….. me! its not an inside job seriously i guess ill actually buy those capital skill books i need. People!!!! Try these!!! They can be fun and help you out each month with isk or game time via plex.
AIEU is recruiting
Phoebe is upon us…and It’s a brand new day for Eve
Patch notes have been posted…the finalized feature dev blogs have been posted, we have to do now is wait for
- Invention updates http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/invention-updates/
- a few skills renamed
- less science skills requirement, but now provide a 1TE bonus per rank
- change in Success Formula, putting more emphasis on science skills
- no more Meta
- rebalance on datacores used, to get all datacores the same use overall (still Mechanical is higher than others)
- MULTIPLE INVENTION RUNS ! Yeah Baby ! Finally the loop is completed !
- T3 cost changes
- Decryptors merging
- NOT IN PHOEBE
- Different Outcomes
- Teams for Invention
More Capital Caches for business as usual (using Blops to move pilots in covops)
Next patch is the Bomber Heaven Month… until the nerf to (de)cloak hits (still Bhock is selling bombers like candy 🙂 BOUH ! Tricked and Treated !)
- Mission Objective Guidance http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/guiding-light-the-mission-objective-guidance-system/
Helping newcomers with missions and objectives
- Unlimited Skill Queues http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/longer-queues-expected-skill-training-above-and-beyond-24-hours/
Finally we can all win EvE !
50 entries and maximum 10 years (but still only the currently known skills, so we still have to login to learn a new skill… and logout immediately before anyone sees we’re online)
And finally we can assume CREST SSO will allow modification of the skill queue from outside the game
Many restrictions removed to help the New Player Experience (NPE)
Good for selling plenty of items at highest buyer price
- Data Sites http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/all-that-is-gold-does-not-glitter-data-sites-expeditions-and-more/
Increased drop of faction PoS BPC (they dropped ?)
Increased drop of Optimized decryptors (that did drop)
Faction Materials added to the loot table
Reduction in size of Datacores (/10) and many other loots, to prevent to fill the cargohold too fast
A few High-Tech Trade Goods added (for ISKies ?)
WH C1-3 get the same Null Sec Data & Relic Sites, without sleepers !
A few changes to Escalations (many were impossible to access)
- Sensor Overlay http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/sensor-overlay-2.0-bigger-better-bookmarks-in-spacier/
More icons to see better in space
Bookmarks and anomalies are now visible in Space (super helpful to select the correct bookmarks, jumping around a Gate)
The sensor overly now acts as a compass to see around you (with a filter)
Better display of brackets
Bookmark Shortcut !
Changes on Heavy Interdictors (more combat oriented)
Reduced HP (+ higher resists) for Sov Structures, making them easier to break and much easier to repair
Bombers sig increased from Bomb Launchers ; T2 Launchers hold 300m3 ; increased bomb flight time to 12s ; new energy neut bomb against Cap Ships
New rigs (Higgs Anchor) reducing inertia and max speed but increasing mass (?!?)
A few tweaks in the industry window, for better readability
Refunding a lot of items and blueprints that disappeared (Data Interface & R.Db)
Corps can now kick members in space
A few EVE API changes, in line with fixing existing functions and adding information on characters
Assets in PERSONAL Containers can now be searched ! (Finally EvE catching with API capabilities)
Doomsday in LS, hictor points
Mittani’s comments on Null post Phoebe
What will Null-Sec look like post-Phoebe?
- Sov is sold/exchanged and Empires are shrinking to a manageable size
- Many entities and ex-renters are trying to fill the void, but we’ll see a lot of localized conflict about the resources abandoned by the great empires
- one big unknown is all the Capital Caches around there (in Null, as no NPC space is added [thanks CCP] everywhere in Null to hide those caches) and the spying to discover where they are (and who’s going to hit them to disable them)
Wait and we’ll see how those caches hold, drive conflict and are abandoned, sold or replenished
Hopefully not 5 weeks of Bomber Runs (not decloaking and lower HP structures) as that type of war is not fun at all
Kill of the Week
The kill of the week is an interesting killmail we have found through our countless hours of reading through the killmails this past week. It could be the most expensive fit loss, the most hilarious fit loss, or a completely random because reasons!
This looks like a fairwell from a player that is not all too pleased with the Phoebe changes
This was a pretty blingy (8.9Bil) Drake Navy Issue.
The story behind the this.
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stu: Lockefox (@hlibindustries) for his new Market Show
Turbo: All the devs for all the changes to relic and data sites and bookmarks in space
This week shout out will go to Sindel Pellion and The Angel Project mentors. TAP is the only legit charity in EvE, an ingame friendly channel “The Angel Project” for any player (newcomer or not) having questions, needing help or recommendations. Mentors are online 24/7 to provide assistance to those in need. EvE is a harsh environment, less so with The Angel Project.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter @capstable, @_StupidGenius, @Lanctharus,
@aiehoots, @kudatimberline @TurboAddiction @BhockCollective
- Website: capstable.net
We welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback is appreciated.