On this episode, the hosts catch up to speed with all the changes that have happened since Fanfest 2014.
- So much news. Soaking up the changes and preparing for Industrygeddon!
- Not buying Capital ship rigs…
- Kerbals in EVE? Can’t we make our own ships in EVE? …I mean… the Minmatar ships look like they were just pieced together in a random hanger by half wits! haha
- I am officially EVE drunk
- So much news
- Defending corp POS’s with the help from folks in BRAVE *shout out to Blue Ice and Dunk Dinkle
- Destroying even more enemy POSes
- Following Hoots into Wiki madness
- AIEU free ship program is up and operational
- Hello to all our new corp pilots, I will soon have jobs for you to do and ships to explode
- Watching as much Eve Fanfest as I could, except the whole Iceland verse US timezones.
- What day is it? Monday? I can’t keep track with all these courier contracts!
- Space truckin like crazy!
- It has been 5 0 days since the last time Hoots has asked me to move stuff for him.
EVE FanFest 2014 happened. All the videos are now on YouTube for your free viewing pleasure.
Congratulations to our new CSM9 members!
- Ali Aras (Permanent Attendee)
- Sion Kumitomo (Permanent Attendee)
- DJ Funkybacon
- Major JSilva
- Matias Otero
- Mangala Solaris
- Mike Azariah
- Steve Ronuken
- Sugar Kyle
- Xander Phoena
And the Council of Planetary Management
- Nova Knife (Removed)
- Hans Jagerblitzen
- Kain Spero
- Jenza Aranda
- Iron Wolf Saber
Following Fanfest, it came out that CCP Bro, Dolan, and Economist Doctor Eyjólfur Guðmundsson all left Eve.
- Lanc Dolan is moving to Riot Games and Bro we’ve only heard he is going to Dublin, Ireland
- Lanc Dr. Eyjólfur has accepted the position of Rector at University of Akureyri which is where he was originally employed before joining CCP.
What’s coming in Kronos on June 3?
- ORE Prospect
- Mordu’s Legion ships
- pirate faction ship rebalance
- Faction-themed stations
- Sound customization
- Smarter NPCs in FW
- Kuda -Updates to Mining Barges and Exhumers
- Drones rebalance
- Medium Micro Jump Drive
- New warp in/out effects
- New Moa and Condor haul (and their variants)
- Low slots for Freighters and Jump Freighters!
- Deepspace Transport and Blockade Runner Rebalance
- More ship skins coming to the New Eden Store
- Increased Worm-holes in Low sec
- Pirate implants
We’ve already seen incremental changes released, like tooltips, and better menu navigation
In Meta alliance news
- Basically, you can’t charge for access to view your videos, but you can have advertising, like YouTube, Twitch.tv, etc. (NOTE: We aren’t lawyers, so do you own due diligence if streaming/posting videos)
Where have we been?
Right around the time Fanfest happened our real lives and space lives exploded. We had a metric crap ton of AIEU corporate restructure and HERO coalition re-deployed to the heart of Catch
This meant a lot of work for me of moving stuff around.
Hoots got promoted to CEO of AIEU, as Stigg our venerable CEO stepped down, he also went mad with power and decided to TOWER ALL THE THINGS! Not to mention RL/work/ adding more responsibility and time commitments, etc.
Lanc, AIEU’s newly appointed Military Director started more and more ops, as we were taking catch with the help of Razhoff our CoverOps/Bomber FC. Additionally, in RL Lanc started a new job which as anyone knows comes with new time commitments and lessened free time!
And last, but certainly not least, Kuda AIEU’s MIRC(Industry Director) has been leading mining ops, and assisting Lanc with AIEU’s Free ship program. Kuda started making ships with our surplus of space rocks and the lucky bastard went on vacation. Did I mention that in Montana log cabin’s have no Wi-Fi? WTF?
So what does this all mean?
A couple things, first off we all still absolutely love doing the show and want to continue doing it.
Some things we are talking about to make that happen include, moving to seasons with a fixed number of episodes. Going to a two week schedule. As well as some internal discussions and re-org-ing that doesn’t really matter to any of you.
Our main goal, with Cap Stable is to deliver a quality show each and every time we record. You have come to expect this from us, and we have come to strive for it from ourselves.
Kill of the Week
The kill of the week is an interesting killmail we have found through our countless hours of reading through the killmails this past week. It could be the most expensive fit loss, the most hilarious fit loss, or a completely random because reasons!
This weeks kill of the week come from a twitter! Friend of the show and AIE member @TurboAddiction shared this gem with us. Looks like a little bit of stoopid and/or maybe a little bit of RMT.
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org