On the latest episode of Cap Stable we talk about Brave’s growing pains, what could possibly go wrong with caps on field(?), and we talk with Lockefox about the industry changes.
Special note from Stu:
During the last podcast, I ad libbed at the top of the show about losing a family member, which I later clarified I was talking about a freighter. This was in extremely poor taste and I apologize to all our listeners for this comment, especially those who were offended and/or have lost family members too soon. I was wrong to compare spaceships to my family, even in jest and I am sorry.
Lanctharus (read by Hoots):
- Argh! Wife aggro escalation
- Mayday mayday
- I’m going to have to ditch into the ocean. Save yourselves
- Operation: Point the spear
- FricktheTurtle Memorial
- AnarchoJohn shoutout
- Structure shoots. Yay! Lost another bomber.
- Reading industry changes
- Brave Drama! Yay!
- Civ5? Maybe a little, it is helping ease my bomber tears, because if I play this
- game I get to kill something.
- Soooo busy. IRL work sucks
- Working with Aideron buddies to make Hydrostatic Podcast: hydrostaticpodcast.com
- Winning FW for the Gal Mil
- Trying to get into streaming twitch.tv/hlibindustry
- Busy RL week for me
- While trying to keep my head around all the stuff happening in Eve
- POS bashing with Hoots
- Mining with Kuda
- More Logistics for Hoots
Avalloc Mobility Drive
Help out fellow Eve pilot@AvallocEVE and vote him a van. Do this NOW:
PSA: CSM Elections End April 22nd. Please vote.
CCP Halts Development on World of Darkness
-A- alliance/corp/renters/someone? loses 65 billion ISK
Caldari Navy Manhunt
John Lander (CCP Unifex) Announces via Twitter he’s leaving CCP
PSA: If you haven’t deleted your Brave API key, please, delete your old Brave API key.
The Big Talk
This past week CCP Ytterbium posted the devblog “Building Better Worlds” where they detailed the Summer Expansion would be industry focused, providing the much asked for industry revamp. This was blog 2 of 6, and the reprocessing and compression changes were #1.
Talk with Lockefox, from http://eve-Prosper.blogspot.com about all this and more!
Most of the major points are easy to understand.
- Damage Per Job is going away for R.A.M. and R.Db items
- Extra Materials are being removed, all materials will be affected by reprocessing/production efficiency the same
- Market groups are being reorganized to make a little more sense
- Industry slots are going away, replaced with a demand charge
- POS standings requirements are being removed
- Remote BP access will not be shared between POS and NPC station.
- Copy speed is being reduced to make it easier to distribute copies
Before I get into my review, I want to start with a TL;DR: The proposed changes are bad for cooperative industry and strongly incentivize solo industry as-is.
Kill of the Week
The kill of the week is an interesting killmail we have found through our countless hours of reading through the killmails this past week. It could be the most expensive fit loss, the most hilarious fit loss, or a completely random because reasons!
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitch.tv Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/capstable
We welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback is appreciated.