On this episode of the CapStable podcast our skeleton crew talks about Burn Jita 2.0, Plantary Interaction, HBC Drama Llama and much MORE!
See the our FULL show notes with links and more after the break!
CapStable Episode 15 “1280mL of Tears” – Show Notes
- Ear surgery! Sincerest apologies about the delayed episode, it’s totally my fault.
- Finishing T1 Rohktrine tomorrow. Command Ships Changes are next, 17 change train.
- As soon as I got my balance back, I started moving PI materials. Same old, same old.
- Went on a few strat ops. Hung out with Cloak Squad up in X-7 for some fun with Talwars a few times. Talwars are *amazing*.
- MMExam -Find the Kitty: http://imgur.com/OGUroJ2
- Burn Jita festivities. I got on 9 freighter kills scores of other innocent high sec pubbie killmails.
- I’m top of the corp killmail list at…. 50 kills this month according to kb.pleaseignore.com. Take that Lanc! 😛
- Sorry for missing out on last recording. The academic taskmasters have been keeping me busy.
- Flying and killing a crap ton of folks in GangBang, Pizza, CFC/Goonswarm & even TEST. I have helped cause over 4 Billion ISK in damage in the last 30 days. Ya Me!
- Finally done with the Battlecruiser/Destroyer changes!
- Shout out to Sevak Indares for keeping me busy with all his late night roams! Oh and DurrHurrDurr is a Sperg!
- Ugh! I hate moving. Getting to know the new neighborhood around our new deployment and my run in with Triple A.
- Did I mention Burn Jita?
- Foxcat Training – I can fly the ship and use the guns…Just need little more training to fit the reimbursement fit T1 Foxcat
- Burn Jita – Had a bit of Fun with Hoots last night running around trying to get miner tears…failed a Orca gank. – Thanks for the Thrasher Hoots!
- Playing the Market a bit still
- Got a tiny bit of ratting in Delve since the last podcast, just enough to keep the “lights on”
- Real life has been keeping me pretty busy had limited time recently, haven’t in moved any ships to Catch yet!
PLANETARY INTERACTION 101: AN INTRODUCTION by our very own Hoots!
HBC Drama Llama update:
- Fras has left the building
- PL TEMP reset–
- Thorn Alliance says They didn’t like HBC,anways
- Tribal Band Alliance leak (No link…since EN24….)
- Pack up your stuff! It’s moving day. New deployment to HED
- Sevak Indares Drama Llama (TEST Alliance Forum Link — requires forum access)
Next expansions (Odyssey) T1 Battleship Rebalances are up:
POS changes in development for Odyssey
- Elections are done, will be announced at Fanfest Keynote.
Kill of the Week
The kill of the week is an interesting killmail we have found through our countless hours of reading through the killmails this past week. It could be the most expensive fit loss, the most hilarious fit loss, or a completely random because reasons!
And this is why it is the kill of the week.
I am writing to you regarding your large scale massively multiplayer online game called EVE Online, which I have been playing since 18th June 2006 on my main and since 14th June 2007 on my trading character. Recently, I haven’t been enjoying the game as I once did, this has been going on a while but then you introduced varies new features which kept me saying to myself perhaps this will turn it around. So I kept on renewing and trying new things out, including null sec, wormholes, exploration, mission running (boring by the way), mining (even worse) and recently factional warfare (well done on making a broken system even worse there with your recent patch). I was going to keep playing until I got a new computer in June and hope the improvement of graphic settings would keep me interested, but unfortunately the final nail was driven into my EVE coffin on the 19th April 2013.
What happen that day should of just been my usual end of week trading, where I go and collect various bits that have been made during the week (as I work full time) and return to Jita to sell them. On the return journey I decided to leave autopilot on to get me the last couple of jumps to Jita while I went to go make myself some dinner. When I came back I found myself docked, but then I noticed it wasn’t Jita and not in my ship. I had been in fact killed and podded in Ikuchi at 1.0 system one jump away from Jita. Then reason I am upset about this event is that it was my Rhea containing over a billion isks worth of items, a total loss in the region of 8 billion isk.
After I talked to one of the people that killed me I discovered that my ship had been stuck on the gate because Jita has reached it population cap (implemented by you because your server lacks the capacity to deal with the demand) and that Goonies, TEST and the rest had taken advantage of the situation to start popping stuck ships. This in my view make the responsibility lie in CCP for the various reasons:
1. Lack of capacity in Jita causing a large amount of ships (likely on autopilot) containing vast wealth to be stuck on the gates around the system.
2. The lack of effect of CONCORD in destroying large criminal fleets in a 1.0 system – which in make no sense when taking into account the supposed size and reasons for CONCORD in the story line and the fact it is in the Caldari states back yard.
As a result I raised a petition for reimbursement of my loss, which I was the sequentially told, was effectively “tough luck – games working fine”. As a result I have effectively lost hundreds of pounds in wasted subscription fees and thousands of hours of my life over 6 years. As I mentioned earlier this had driven the final nail in the coffin of my EVE life, which is a shame as when I started out in the game although it was far from perfect I had high hopes for the game.
<REDACTED> (aka Asith / k*********2)
Any grammar, spelling mistakes and suggestion appreciated. I will be sending it once I think its ready
Responses to generic comments:
1. No you can’t have my stuff it dies with me.
2. I barely ever come on the forums, I pay to play a game, not to read posts. It shouldn’t be a requirement of a game to have to trawl through 100s of meaningless posts (ironic hey?) just in case a bunch of player decide to take the **** of a less than adequate punishment system
3. Fair enough, people could get enough ships during a normal day to pop ships, but as you said it would require 15 tier BS, which cost allot more than the contents of my ship, if CONCORD killed every player after the event before they could kill another, then they would have shot in the first place. I full support the mechanic of suicide ganking but I feel after the guy gets killed everyone who shot him should die before they can shoot another guy, otherwise it just encourages this behavior every day, which in my view is not the intended mechanic of the game. << THATS THE POINT, It i had follow around with 8 billion in the cargo hold then fair game, because the number of ships vs the reward is worth it, but it was only a billion which would have required more ships than that to kill me than the cargo’s worth if they hadn’t been able to kill anything else. Simply put CONCORD is working as I believe it was intended and that my gripe.
4. My main was a member of ELF for 18+months, I left due to obtaining a engineering job which meant I could not play the hours i used to, I am not just some player who sits in high sec, this was a trading alt to support my pvp main. As I mentioned I have spent allot of time in different areas of EVE my main it all its life has only spent 9 months in high sec.
5. Killmail link provided by another player Snip. Kill reports are not allowed here. — ISD LackOfFaith
It is estimated that the OP generated 1280mL of tears by Goonswarm Federation’s Cpt Underpants
Want to get your friend’s hilarious kills mails on the podcast? Email them to email@example.com
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and we welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, corrections to our idiocy, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback, is appreciated.
- Email: PODCAST@capstable.net
- Website: Capstable.net
We welcome your feedback. If you have topics, segments, comments, ideas, or anything you’d like us to talk about, let us know. Any feedback is appreciated!